When 4-year-old Paul Franklin took a small spill down the beach, his parents thought nothing of it.
But when his knee started becoming really swollen, his mom Rachael rushed him to the urgent care center where the doctor dismissed it as a simple staph infection.
However, despite the series of antibiotics, the wound didn’t heal and turned black. Ignoring the doctor’s advice, the mom squeezed the wound and to their surprise, out popped a small black snail.
“He moved!” Rachael recalled her reaction. “There’s a freakin’ little guy in there! Bubbles were coming up.”
After the curious incident, Paul has now fully recovered and has a new pet snail dubbed “Turbo”.